Friday, September 7, 2007

CANDY'S MAGIC PUB IN SHIRLEY LONG ISLAND

This entry was submitted by my friend Lisa. This wonderful establishment goes by the name of CANDY’S MAGIC PUB in Shirley Long Island. She went there to see her boyfriend's band play at a black metal show.

From what I can gather, they try to get the kids in the place by having bands play.

Here is what she had to say about this place.

Lisa-
So I asked for a glass of wine at this place, and the old broad behind the counter opened a tiny refridgerator behind the bar and pulled out one of those twist off top mini bottles. She then poured it in a cup. Oh, there was smoking inside and the pool table had no balls.



Here is Lisa pointing out some of the lovely art work on the wall behind the bar and the sweet Knicks jacket that barley covers up an even sweeter grey mini mullet.

Good work Lisa. If you send in more pictures I will post them.



This guy is saying "GAAAHHHHH MEEETAALL GHAAAAAAA!!!!!".





Nothing says METAL like glittery unicorns!!


There is SO much to say about this image. The unicorn art, the framing. All of that stuff is fine, but look at the walls! The bubble gum looking sponge work is magnifique!



4 comments:

Rhonna said...

Those Unicorns really ARE magic. How special. Thanks for sharing. So what is the proper protocol for taking photos inside an establishment? (before I try it and embaress myself)

THE LOW LIFE said...

I don’t know if there is a proper protocol. Personally, I have a very small camera so I can discreetly take images with. I also never use a flash. Just a slower shutter speed. Some people, like my friend Lisa have no fear and just flash away. I suppose you can pretend top be taking a picture of a friend, but actually focus on the horrible thing you are trying to take the picture of.

Rhonna said...

The wine in a screw on top, I use those for cooking! Ha ha OMG that is fucking hilarious. I wonder how long the current owner of the bar has been in place? Was it decorated like that already when they took over? Very strange indeed. Watch out for pyrotechnic shows!

Mary said...

Well, I prefer wine in a box.